Looking to include a local touch of what St. Maarten has to offer into your vacation? Each month there is a vast number of social gatherings and events catering to each topic ranging from culture & history, entertainment,and food, on the friendly island of St. Maarten. Here is a list of events that will be taking place in the month of August 2017.
1st – 6th August. Da Goodness Summer Madness.
A week filled with different party themes, local artists and beverages await you at Obavoba, Rhythm & Booze, 3 Amigos, Soggy Dollar, Tantra, and Da Goodness Vibez.
2nd August. Breastfeeding Cafe.
Parents or expecting parents can educate themselves about breastfeeding and safety tips to use at home for their children. This event will take place at The Baby Wellness Clinic, starting from 6 to 8 PMalong with light snacks. Please register 15 minutes before commencement.
4th August. The Official Black XII
Tantra Night Club presents a night with performances by King Kembe, BigBoss, Lil, Siwroo and more starting at 10 PM.
5th August. Soca Vs Dancehall.
Come and witness the competition between two Caribbean’s genres, Soca and Dancehall at Tropicana Ball Room at 10 PM.
4 -7th August. SXM BEST WEEKEND.
This is a filled packed high energy weekend with a line of parties showcasing local and international DJ’s and artists focusing on the genre of soca and dancehall music. Apart from performances, party goers can also enjoy beach parties, night parties as well as Anguilla’s biggest beach party.
2nd – 6th August. DeejBlaze Birthday Bash.
One of St. Maarten’s very own DJ is inviting you to celebrate with him every night for a week at different spots including Tantra, Soggy Dollar Bar, 3 Amigos, Club High Up.
7th August. DJ King Kembe- August Monday Boat Ride
August Monday is a British holiday popular for beach parties on the island of Anguilla. DJ King Kembe wants to take you on a boat ride to Anguilla at the starting cost of $65. Boat ride leaves the island at 7 AM and returns at 7 PM.
12 August. Detangling & Defining Info Session
Do you have natural kinks, curls coils or waves? Naturellement Belle Association would like to help you show the best way to detangle and define your hair and texture with a simple session. This will takes place at Le Patio at 2PM to 4PM.
12- 13th August. Ministry of Sound
SXM by Night is hosting their annual all white party at 2PM – 3AM at Waikiki Beach.
15th August. Sandy Ground Village Celebration Day.
Ideal for family time, Sandy Ground wants your family play tradition games, taste local dishes and enjoy the island’s live music.
23 August. The Need to Father with Purpose and Love.
The St. Maarten community is invited to an information session where the importance of fatherhood will be discussed with Mr. De Leon. Come and join this event at Port St. Maarten at 6 PM.
26 August. Glow in the Dark Zumbathon
Come and have fun while exercising for 3 hours with the excitement of glowing in the dark at Belvedere Community Centre at 6 PM.
Beach Party | El Zafiro Beacon Hill ( RECOMMENDED)
Entertaining DJs, warm sun, cool crystal clear waters and a fine white sand beach is definitely a party worth adding to your vacation. This event began on July 23rd and continues every Sunday for the next 4 weeks at the El Zafiro beach. Don’t miss out!
- Concert in Video | Mercure, Baie Nettle
- Live Music Avec Amin | Dreams Beach Bar, Baie Nettle
- Reggae Live Music | Calmos de Salsa, Grand Case at 7 PM – 12 AM
- Cours de Salsa | Le Drink, Maho at 2:30 PM – 7 PM
- The Hottest Party with Dj EM Party| Soprano’s, Maho at 10 PM – 3 AM
- Live Reggae | Sunset, Maho at 3 PM- 7 PM
- Beach Party | Palm Bach, Maho at 4 PM – 12 AM
- Music, Defile, Danseuses | Le Waikiki Beach, Orient Bay
- Mega Beach Party | Kontiki
- Fiesta Latina | Zoo Rock Cafe, Orient Bay
- Live Steel Music | Mary’s Boon, at 3 PM
- Fireball on the Beach | Buccaneer Beach Bar, Simpson Bay
- Crazy Sunday After Beach Party | Sunset at 3 PM
- Wine Tasting | Beach Hotel, Baie de Marigot at 6 PM
- Surf & Turf with Live Jazz Music | L’Astrolabe, Baie Orientale
- Monday Party | Rainbow, Grand Case
- Cours D’Aquagym | Beach Hotel, Baie de Marigot at 9 AM
- Cours de Salsa | Mercure, Baie Nettle at 7PM- 9PM
- Lolo’s Jazzy Live Show | Calypso, Anse Marcel at 7 PM
- Afterwork | Beach Hotel, Baie de Marigot at 6 PM
- Karaoke | Baie Nettle at 7 PM – 9 PM
- Ladies Night | Tantra, Maho at 10 PM
- Ladies Night | SkyBeach, Maho
- Miek Miek au Saxophone | Spinnaker, Marigot
- Concert Reggae – Percy Ranking | Zoo Rock Cafe, Simpson Bay
- Slot Tournament | 747 Night Club, Simpson Bay at 10 PM
- Live Music Band | The Bad Monkeys, Simpson Bay at 8 PM
- Sunset After Beach | Beach Hotel, Baie de Marigot at 6 PM
- Karaoke Thursday | The Boathouse, Cole Bay at 7PM
- Local Salsa | Calmos Cafe, Grand Case at 8:30 – 9:30
- Hip Hop Thursday | Tantra, Maho at 10PM
- Strictly Deep Thursdays | Sky Beach, Maho at 10PM
- Soiree Disotheque | Mercure, Baie Nettle
- Sunset After Beach | Beach Hotel, Baie de Marigot at 5 PM – 6 PM
- Live Local Caribbean | Le Drink, Baie Nettle
- Pink Fridays Electro | Zen’it, Baie Nettle at 7 PM
- Live Music Rwkhm Force avec Dread | Blue Martini, Grand Case at 9 PM
- Caribbean Friday | Tantra, Maho at 10 AM
- Free Cabaret Show | Casino Royal, Maho at 10 AM
- Soiree Dance Hall | Mini Club, Maho at 10 AM
- Irina Kaufman-Brooker au Piano | Spinnaker, Marigot
- Mistik Root | Enock’s, Marigot
- Lobster Party Live Music with Shine | L’Astrolabe, Orient Bay at 8 PM
- Caribbean Night | Palm d’Or, Orient Bay
- Live Music | Zoo Rock Cafe, Simpson Bay
- Tropical Friday | Zoo Rock Cafe, Simpson Bay
- Live Music | Bucceaneer Beach Bar, Simpson Bay
- Soggy Fridayz with DJ Bossman and Deejay Khidd | Soggy Dollar, Simpson Bay at 8 PM
- Live Steel Music | Mary’s Boon, Simpson Bay at 10 PM
- Live Music, Jazzy avec Saxophoniste | Mercure, Baie Nettle
- Bounty Hunters Tournament | Princess Casino, Cole Bay
- Live Music Barbwire avec Remo | Blue Martini, Grand Case
- BBQ Saturday Night | Racing Go Kart, Grand Case at 7PM-11PM
- Saturday International DJ | Tantra, Maho at 10 PM
- 2 For 1, DJ Ninja & DJ Ferino | Tantra, Maho at 10 PM
White sandy beaches, intimate hospitality, friendly locals, tasty food and incredible nightlife, with a plus of local events, can make your vacation complete. See you there!